Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hormones and Cancer and other risks

This website lists many studies with associated risks. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi/estro_pro.htm

It seems that giving estrogen with progestin did not have any significant impact on quality of life in women. And, that "the overall (increased) risks (breast cancer, lung cancer, dementia, heart attacks, stroke, and blood clots) outweighed the benefits." Even over a 3 year period after ceasing hormone therapy, women are found to have a 12% increased risk of fatal and nonfatal malignancies. I believe this is because hormones are fat soluble and can be stored in the bodies fat cells even after women stop taking them.

If you are on hormones for whatever reason, be it birth control or menopause, to help your symptoms, then it is very important for you to get off them and onto natural therapies. I have helped many women with their premenstrual, menopausal and post-menopausal symptoms naturally and never needing hormones. I have had several women call and ask if I prescribed hormones. My answer is, "I can prescribe them, but I have yet to find it necessary." Hormones can disrupt your bodies own natural processes and get in the way of your bodies own natural protection mechanisms. After helping women stop taking hormone therapy of some kind, and after helping them with their symptoms, I help them detox the hormones out of their body with herbal medicines and other natural therapies such as hydrotherapy. If you have any other questions, please call the office and I am happy to talk with you.

in Health and Service,

David Hogg, ND
Naturopathic Wisdom
1101 South Winchester Blvd.
Suite E157
San Jose, CA 95128
408-297-6877
www.naturally4health.com
www.naturopathicwisdom.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home